Let’s talk about something we've all debated: is cold calling dead?
Cold calling is still just one of many channels you use to access a decision maker. People who say cold calling is dead are usually the ones who are too scared or unable to do it.
The reason you’re not cold calling:
1. You’re lazy or you don’t feel the pressure to grow your company.
2. You don’t like to interrupt. Cold calling IS interrupting, but you have the intent of helping your customers make more money.
3. Fear of rejection. Remember: it’s not about you, the person on the other line is rejecting your product. Failing into success is an immutable aspect of sales.
4. You don’t believe your product can help your client. Do you truly believe your product or service will help your customer? If the answer is yes, you should feel a fiduciary duty to help other people improve their lives.
5. You don’t know the value of your product because you don’t use your own product. In order to sell effectively, you have to be a product of your product. If you can't find a use or value in your product or service, how could you expect to sell it to other people?
Just like social media, marketing email and other content, cold calling does help you get your message out there to the people who can help your business. So, if you're not cold calling; what's your excuse?
Make cold calling and the rest of your sales process something you'll never dread again. How? With preparation of course! Join me August 19th in Atlanta, GA for the Sales Mastery Intensive.
Victor Antonio has a B.S. Electrical Engineering, an MBA and built a 20-year career as a top sales executive, then President of Global Sales and Marketing for a $420M company before becoming a sales trainer, author, and keynote speaker. He has shared the stage with top business speakers: Rudy Giuliani, Paul Otellini (CEO of Intel), and John May (CEO of FedEx Kinkos). He's the author of 12 books on sales and motivation and 200+ sales training videos. More info at www.VictorAntonio.com