Sometimes the toughest part of selling is getting to know who you’re talking you want to speak with. Many Potential Clients (PCs) may be reluctant in sharing personal information with a salesperson; especially ones they haven’t met or just met. But as salespeople we know that we need to find a way to stand out in the PCs mind and that getting to know them personally adds to the value equation in selling. So what to do? Where can Artificial Intelligence help us connect on a personal level with PCs?
The company Netra might have one way in by helping you “Make Sense of Imagery”. Netra uses Artificial Intelligence to identify what consumers like or dislike based on the images they post on social media. Think about it! Every day millions of selfies, some indicators estimated it a 93 million (source: Google), are posted online. Each of these images is loaded with rich data, about the person, than can be extracted using Image Recognition (IR) and applying Deep Learning methodologies.
- Where the person is at (Geography)
- What activity they’re participating in (Hobby)
- What brands they like (Loyalty)
So let's say you’re trying to connect with a PC on a personal level who proceeds to post a picture of her and her husband on vacation on LinkedIN or Facebook. The machine would first detect that the posting, then analyze the picture and be able to give you the geographic location of their trip (based on the scenery in the background) and that they were skiing. What could you do with this information?
- Connect with the PC on a personal level by sending her some other skiing locations they might enjoy. (Geographic)
- Maybe invite her to go on a one-day skiing run to discuss how your company can help them scale their business. (Hobby)
- Send her a favorite brand gift as a follow-up thank you after a great meeting. (Loyalty)
Instead of guessing at what your customer’s interests might be, using this type of AI technology could help you find conversation starters to connect and deepen the relationship.